- July 3, 2013
Why e-mail irritates me
As technology progresses it is supposed to make our lives simpler and easier. This is not the case at all when it comes to e-mail. E-mail might just be the most unproductive piece of technology, but unfortunately it is a necessary evil that is here to stay.
Here are some of the most annoying aspects of e-mail, followed up a great info graphic courtesy of ccLoop (Infographic by: ccLoop )
1. Don’t CC me your entire address book – I am still baffled by how many people do this.
2. Do not e-mail to confirm whether or not I received your e-mail. If I read it, you will know, if I did not I wont respond.
3. Keep it short please – Do not send me a novel, if you must do so, then attach as a word doc.
4. READ before you respond – I am astonished by the people whom do not even read the e-mails.
5. Don’t be reactive – If an e-mail pisses you off, dont reply right away. Take a break, review and think how you will respond.
6. Group e-mails – If you must copy 10 people, please make sure you leave a note NOT to reply to all.
7. E-mails will be answered when I am ready – I am not an e-mail robot, nor do I have time to read through all of your e-mails.
8. Compress and zip files – Do not attach 10 documents, but put them in a folder, zip it and send it.
9. Images – Do not send me 10MB photo’s. If you have high res images, use FTP or Yousendit.
10. BE NICE – DO NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPS. You are yelling at me and I will delete your e-mail.
Infographic by: ccLoop